"Fulfill that passion for crossing continents & cultures!"
Hospitality, Tourism, and Culinary arts are all inextricably interrelated to the pursuit of fulfilling experiences. Dynamic and constantly evolving, the Hospitality, Tourism and Culinary arts industries are bustling full of exciting employment opportunities, locally and internationally.
These exciting service-focused fields require broad skills, knowledge and etiquette covering a range of areas; from front office management, Hospitality and Tourism geography, event management, food and beverage services, menu development and such for Hospitality management, to culinary essentials, food nutrition and production, culinary artistry, molecular cuisine, advanced butchery and various cuisine styles for culinary.
At KDU, students are taught in specialised facilities that mirror state-of-the-art, real world environments. Our range of programmes ensure graduates are armed with a combination of knowledge and skills for an industry that is a growing contributor to burgeoning economies.
KDU is also a member of and carries recognition from:
- World Association of Chefs Societies (WACS) Recognition of Quality Culinary Education
- Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA)
- The Malaysian Food and Beverage Executives Association
WHY CHOOSE KDU?
GLOBAL OUTLOOK THROUGH INTERNATIONAL NETWORK
KDU provides its Hospitality, Tourism and Culinary degree students an international experience, allowing them to achieve a global outlook be it during or after their studies. They develop an acute appreciation of the added value of graduating with relevant international study and work experience, and how this benefits their personal development and future career.
During their studies, students can participate in these international study opportunities:
|IMI (Switzerland) International Residential Study Trip|
|Italian Cuisine – Semester Abroad at ALMA La Scuola Internazionale, Italy|
|IDRAC Student Exchange Programme|
Abroad Internship Offered By KDUStudents also have the opportunity of undergoing their internship abroad.
|Partnership with HOSCO|
|Partnership with HOSCO|
|J1 Exchange Visitor Visa Programme|
AWARDS & ACHIEVEMENTS
Our Tourism, Culinary art and Hospitality management program are highly regarded, and our students and lecturers have gone on to participate and win in industry-recognized competitions. These include:
- Battle of the Chefs Penang, Malaysia
- Career@Hiltonlive Hospitality Talent Cup, Malaysia
- International MIHAS Apprentice Chefs’ Competition, Malaysia • Food and Hotel Malaysia Culinary Challenge (FHM), Malaysia
- Food and Hotel Asia Culinary Challenge (FHA), Singapore
- Hans Bueschkens Challenge, Chile
- Hong Kong International Culinary Classic (HOFEX), Hong Kong • International Emirates Salon Culinaire, Dubai
- The Big Cooking Contest, Austria